VENEZUELA TPS : APPLY NOW
Temporary Protected Status for Venezuela
On March 9th, 2021, President Biden has granted an executive order stating that Venezuelans who fled from Venezuela due to harsh conditions, natural disasters or armed conflicts and currently living in the U.S. can apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS).
If you are applying for TPS, you must apply during the 180-day registration period (March 9th, 2021 – September 5th, 2021).
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, these are the requirements needed to be eligible for TPS:
- Be a national of a country designated for TPS, or a person without nationality who last habitually resided in the designated country
- File during the open initial registration or re-registration period, or you meet the requirements for late initial filing during any extension of your country’s TPS designation
- Have been continuously physically present in the U.S. since the effective date of the most recent designation date of your country
- Have been continuously residing in the U.S. since the date specified for your country
You may NOT be eligible for TPS or to maintain your existing TPS if you:
- Have been convicted of any felony or two or more misdemeanors committed in the United States
- Are found inadmissible as an immigrant under applicable grounds in INA section 212(a), including non-waivable criminal and security-related grounds
- Fail to meet the continuous physical presence and continuous residence in the US requirements
- Are subject to any of the mandatory bars to asylum. These include, but are not limited to, participating in the persecution of another individual or engaging in or inciting terrorist activity
- Fail to meet initial or late initial TPS registration requirements
- If granted TPS, you fail to re-register for TPS, as required, without good cause
If you are submitting your first TPS application and also requesting an Employment Authorization (I-765) here are the filing fees:
- If you’re younger than 14 years old, the filing fee will be $50.00
- If you’re between the ages of 14-65, the filing fee will be $545.00
- If you’re 66 or older, the filing fee will be $135.00
How Can We Help?
If you have any questions about your conditional green card or want more information, contact one of our competent and experienced lawyers at Garcia Law. We have experienced attorneys who practice in Immigration and Family Law. To schedule a consultation, contact us through our website or call (201) 340-2899.